Let’s face it, sometimes the best affirmation comes from fellow strugglers. Somehow its affirming to know we’re not alone in what we face in real-life ministry. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not knocking idealism or ministry dreams; they have their place. But the following is a collection of the real stuff. The kind of stuff you and I have faced, are facing or definitely will face. This “real life stuff” is shortened into snippets, sometimes followed by a few bullet point responses for personal reflection or group discussion.
See if you can relate to some of these real-life snippets.
- Blessed Distraction
- A Not So Clear but Very Present Danger
- The Vicious Cycle of Band-Aiding
- The Gates of Hell
- Coping Devices: The Holy and the Unholy
- This is NOT What I Signed Up For
- More Than These
- Lucky Financial Pains and Humbling Hits
- Personal Revivals
- Backward Transformations
- A Calling or A Cop-Out?