Psalm 27:6-7 “And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me, and I will offer in his tent sacrifices with shouts of joy; I will sing and make melody to the Lord. Hear, O Lord, when I cry aloud; be gracious to me and answer me!
Verse 6: In light of the spiritual maturity/progress that has taken place; the lessons learned, the insights, the experience of experiencing HIM in deep personal relationship,…. in light of what living in relationship with Him has done….. in light of all that….
“And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me.”
My head “shall be” lifted up – Statement of Faith as well as an ever-growing reality
Confidence is based on and flowing out of a passion-motivated sacrificial seeking relationship….. Because of who I am in Him and what He is doing in me, I am being and will continue to be delivered from sin and self and satan….threats are all around me but I am experiencing victory in the midst of attack….
My head will be lifted up above the surrounding threats; the mess….. I will pass the test—I will have Joyful Confidence in God for what is and what is to come. The faith of this statement is seen in the future tense and the confidence is seen in the present reality.
“And I will offer in His tent sacrifices with shouts of joy; I will sing and make melody to the Lord.”
- My Public worship will be powerful, anointed and uninhibited!
- When I’m captivated /obsessed with my personal relationship with Jesus; when its real and I’m longing for more of Him, my worship is all that plus
- My Sacrifices for the Kingdom will be JOYOUS and done in celebration!
- When I’m captivated by His beauty; living in relationship and constant dialog, my sacrifices for the Kingdom are a Joy….as long as I keep my eyes are on HIM
- When my eyes are on the sacrifice, the cost, the weariness, the unworthiness of those I’m sacrificing for and my personal loss….not so!
- Worship in song and sacrifice will be ALL and ONLY for my Jesus, forever!
- An audience of ONE….now and forever, may it be;
- that is the definition of simplicity in the Christian Life, living for an “Audience of One”
The Discipline of Christian SIMPLICITY: Living life out of the Divine Center; simplifies life choices.
Verse 7: Hear, O Lord, when I cry aloud; be gracious to me and answer me!”
*His plea is for the Lord’s gracious deliverance for the purpose of seeking God
This plea is comforting…. Living in confidence and victory from the Divine Center wasn’t any more natural for him than it is for us; it’s something to pray for…. To plead for… to seek with passion
Open group journey sharing of these truths
If time permits open up journey sharing to a review of the insights from the previous two sessions which will encompass Psalm 27:1-7 and the following bullet points.
- How have you been experiencing the Lord Himself to be your Light, Salvation, and Stronghold?
- Have you made progress in deepening a passionate, seeking heart for only Jesus?
- Have you discovered any new ways to live your life more connected to the Lord’s presence and in ongoing dialog with Him?
- How are Discipline and Desire connecting in your life; has there been change as a result?
- Is your fear or despair from enemy threats becoming more resilent? How has your level of faith in spiritual attacks changed?
- What is the personal implication for you to live in simplicity for an audience of ONE?